Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Manchurian Candidate


I have watched this movie three times with various people here at Tripler... and I have to say it's one of the most engrossing movies I have seen in a while. I watched the 2004 edition with Denzel, but apparently the 1962 edition with Frank Sinatra is supposed to be excellent as well. Of course, what made the movie more interesting to us was all the army involvement as well as the information about the Medal of Honor. Fascinating stuff, watch it if you get a chance. Hell.. netflix is only like $7.99 right now. And I am hearing stuff about peerflix.com - trading DVDs for .99 cent online. I am not sure how much it would be to mail them though. It seems like the company may give you free mailers, but I don't see how it could be making any money if it does that. On the same account though, I don't even see how netflix can be making any money with their rates. Also, movieflix.com seems interesting for downloading movies legally. This website has some info on the legal movie download sites: http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/kimkomando/2004-09-27-komando_x.htm


No comments: