Friday, October 21, 2005

Strawberry on the Shortcake


This was one of the first Japanese Dramas I ever saw. I think there are 10 episodes. Part of the reason I like watching the J-dramas is that they ARE short. You get that nice feeling of continuity, and then there’s an (admittedly) illogical sense of fulfillment after finishing the series. But with dramas that only last one season, it’s more like watching a really long and involved movie. There’s no more annoying fluff and filler episodes. You just get a highly streamlined story.

Of course, I may like this drama because it was one of the first few I saw. However, it was a really bittersweet, endearing, emotional experience watching this production. I doubt it’s even considered to be one of the premier j-dramas, but I highly recommend it if anyone gets a chance. It really makes you think about people’s personalities, life’s quirks, fate, and love. Plus, it has music by ABBA (opening and closing themes), and it fits so well that you can almost believe the songs were written just for this show. It’s a beautiful, haunting series, definitely worth watching. It made me go out and get a ABBA’s greatest hits CD. Which, incidentally, is not a bad buy. Check out the drama info here. Oh, and if you use torrents (and if you don’t know what I am talking about, I think you need to do some googling) you can go here to download the drama. Hurry up becuse who knows how long people will be seeding/uploading. Unfortunately I do not know of any way to buy it with English subtitles. You’re gonna have to download the free version, but it’s really good quality and has excellent English subtitles.Posted by Picasa

No comments: