Thursday, October 13, 2005

Wish I Was In Nebraska...

LINCOLN, Nebraska (Oct. 10) - One gas station manager's mistake paid off for drivers who were able to buy fuel for about a tenth of the current price.
For 30 to 45 minutes Friday, three of the Kabredlo's Convenience Store's four pumps sold premium unleaded gas for 29 cents a gallon (6 euro cents a liter) - about a tenth of the current price. Gas hasn't been that cheap since 1955, according to AAA Nebraska.
Until the mistake was caught, lines formed at the store as news of the cheap fuel spread, said Max Wolfe, who was doing landscaping for Kabredlo's.
Wolfe and his co-workers took time out to fill up. "I was on E, and I filled my tank up for $4 (about euro3.30)," Wolfe said. "It made my day."
Nathan Olson said he usually pays $72 (euro60) to fill his gas-guzzling 1998 Ford F-150. On Friday, he filled the tank three-quarters full for $3.50 (euro2.90).
On average, Lincoln gas stations are charging $2.93 a gallon for gas (64 euro cents a liter), according to AAA.

2 comments:

Amit said...

damn.. people in the 50’s didn’t know how good they had it :) Sucks for the manager/owner I guess, but hey, I would have been in line too.

Amit said...

um... isn’t that considered fraud? So that’s why that “error” occured.